Website Privacy and Cookies Policy
This is the privacy and cookies policy for www.ferinject.co.uk and www.ferinject.ie (Site). The Site is operated by Viforpharma Limited (we, us and our). For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, we are the data controller.
We are committed to protecting your privacy on-line. We appreciate that you do not want the personal information you provide to us distributed indiscriminately and here we explain how we collect information, what we do with it and what controls you have.
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you:
- information (such as your name, email address, postal address and telephone number) that you provide by completing forms on the Site, including if you register as a user of the Site, subscribe to any service, upload or submit any material via the Site, request any information, or enter into any competition or promotion we may sponsor;
- in connection with an account sign-in facility, your log-in and password details;
- communications you send to us, for example to report a problem or to submit queries, concerns or comments regarding the Site or its content;
- information from surveys that we may, from time to time, run on the Site for research purposes, if you choose to respond to, or participate in, them;
- employment details if you send us a CV, resumé or other details of your employment history in connection with an advertised job vacancy or a general enquiry regarding employment opportunities with us.
You are under no obligation to provide any such information. However, if you should choose to withhold requested information, we may not be able to provide you with certain services.
When you visit the Site, we may automatically collect additional information about you, such as the type of internet browser you use, any website from which you have come to the Site and your IP address (the unique address which identifies your computer on the internet) which is automatically recognised by our web server. You cannot be identified from this information and it is only used to assist us in providing an effective service on the Site and to collect broad demographic information for aggregate use.
When you interact with the Site, we try to make that experience simple and meaningful. When you visit the Site, our web server sends a cookie to your computer. Cookies are small pieces of information which are issued to your computer when you visit a website and which store and sometimes track information about your use of the Site. A number of cookies we use last only for the duration of your web session and expire when you close your browser. Other cookies are used to remember you when you return to the Site and will last for longer.
- remember that you have visited us before; this means we can identify the number of unique visitors we receive. This allows us to make sure we have enough capacity for the number of users that we get;
- customise elements of the promotional layout and/or content of the pages of the Site; and
- collect anonymous statistical information about how you use the Site (including how long you spend on the Site) and where you have come to the Site from, so that we can improve the Site and learn which parts of the Site are most popular with visitors.
Some of the cookies used by the Site are set by us, and some are set by third parties who are delivering services on our behalf.
Most web browsers automatically accept cookies but, if you prefer, you can change your browser to prevent that or to notify you each time a cookie is set. You can also learn more about cookies by visiting www.allaboutcookies.org which includes additional useful information on cookies and how to block cookies using different types of browser. Please note, however, that by blocking or deleting cookies used on the Site, you may not be able to take full advantage of the Site.
|Cookie name||Purpose||Type and duration|
|“user”||Navigational Cookie. Forces user to select whether they are a patient/HCP or member of the public before visiting any page of the website. Redirects user if they are in the wrong section.||Session only|
Third party cookies
|Cookie name||Purpose||Type and duration|
|“_ga”||Tracking Cookie. Google analytic cookie. Anonymously tracks user activity on the site. Used purely to see trends in Google Analytics.||Session only|
Uses made of your information
We will use the information you provide to:
- enable us to you with the services and information offered through the Site and which you request;
- administer your account with us;
- audit the downloading of data from the Site;
- improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site and customise them for users;
- identify visitors to the Site;
- carry out research on our users’ demographics and tracking of sales data;
- send you information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services, where we are lawfully able to provide such information, provided you have indicated that you do not object to being contacted for these purposes.
We may disclose aggregate statistics about visitors to the Site in order to describe our services to prospective partners, advertisers, sponsors and other reputable third parties and for other lawful purposes, but these statistics will include no personally identifiable information.
We may disclose your personal information to any of our affiliates, or to our agents or contractors who assist us in providing the services we offer through the Site, processing transactions, fulfilling requests for information, receiving and sending communications, updating marketing lists, analysing data, providing support services or in other tasks, from time to time. Our agents and contractors will only use your information to the extent necessary to perform their functions.
In the event that we undergo re-organisation or are sold to a third party, you agree that any personal information we hold about you may be transferred to that re-organised entity or third party.
We may disclose your personal information if required to do so by law or if we believe that such action is necessary to prevent fraud or cyber crime or to protect the Site or the rights, property or personal safety of any person.
The Site may, from time to time, make chat rooms, message boards, news groups and/or other public forums available to its users. Any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information and you should exercise caution when using these and never disclose your personal information.
Protecting the safety of children when they use the Internet is very important to us. We recommend that children receive permission from their parent or guardian before gaining access to the Site or sending personal information to us or anyone else online.
The Site may, from time to time, contain links to external sites. We are not necessarily responsible for the privacy policies or the content of such sites.
We place great importance on the security of all personally identifiable information associated with our users. We have security measures in place to attempt to protect against the loss, misuse and alteration of personal information under our control. For example, our security and privacy policies are periodically reviewed and enhanced as necessary and only authorised personnel have access to personal information. Whilst we cannot ensure or guarantee that loss, misuse or alteration of information will never occur, we use all reasonable efforts to prevent it.
You should bear in mind that submission of information over the internet is never entirely secure. We cannot guarantee the security of information you submit via the Site whilst it is in transit over the internet and any such submission is at your own risk.
It is advisable to close your browser when you have finished your user session to help ensure others do not access your personal information if you use a shared computer or a computer in a public place.
Storage of your information
Information that you submit via the Site is sent to and stored on secure servers located in the United Kingdom. This is necessary in order to process the information. Information submitted by you may be transferred by us to our other offices and/or to the third parties mentioned in the circumstances described above (see information sharing), which may be situated outside the European Economic Area (EEA) and may be processed by staff operating outside the EEA. The countries concerned may not have similar data protection laws to the EEA. Where we transfer your information we will take all reasonable steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected. By submitting information via the Site, you agree to this storing, processing and/or transfer.
You have a legal right under the Data Protection Act 1998 to a copy of all the personal information about you held by us. On request, we will provide you with a copy of this information subject to a fee not exceeding £10. You also have a right to correct any errors in that information. As mentioned above, you have a right to prevent the use of your personal information for direct marketing purposes.
Thank you for visiting the Ferinject UK web site. We value your interest and ideas. If you have any comments or concerns regarding the use of information provided to Vifor Pharma UK via an Internet site, please contact us via the contact form on the site.
Company registration number: 6514784
UK/FER/16/0045(2) Date of preparation: August 2017